Victorie romaneasca in Rolex Cup

Despre cursele de barci, regate, raliuri, transaturi, et caetera
MBG
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Re: Victorie romaneasca in Rolex Cup

Mesaj necitit de MBG »

skipper scrie:Natalia Brailoiu pe barca Swan 42 Natalia a devenit campioana europenaa ORC la Clasa A. Jos palaria!

In a class of 21 teams from seven nations, owner-driver Natalia Brailoiu from Romania and her Italian team on her Club Swan 42 Natalia have today won Class A in the ORC European Championship, while in Class B the reigning Mediterranean champion – Italian Giuseppe Giuffre on his Polli-modified M37 Low Noise – has won against 26 rivals from six countries. This is a repeat performance for Low Noise, who also won the Class B European Championship crown in 2012.

The hot conditions today saw temperatures reach 35°C, but the expected seabreeze came too late to save Class B’s slow start, forcing race managers to abandon their race. With a discard allowed for all but the offshore race, Low Noise was then able to take the lead from Pedro Campos’s Synergia 40 Movistar, who despite winning every inshore race could not overcome the 15.6 points earned in the offshore race on Thursday, and thus had to settle for Silver medals for the series. Another Italian team, Nicola de Gemmis’s GS 39 Morgan IV, earned Bronze medals based on solid top-four results in inshore series.

In Class A this final race was destined to be a fight, since so few points separated the top contenders, who all had respectable results in the offshore race and thus were counting on a good final inshore race. The light conditions initially favored the two fastest boats around the course, the TP 52’s Hurakan and Duvetica-Linosonega, but then a new breeze filled in quickly to take away that advantage, just like the long offshore race. Bernd Kammerlander’s XP-44 Koyoma, with Inaki Castener on the helm, read the conditions perfectly to win this race, and grab the last place on the podium. Meanwhile Natalia’s second-place in this race was good enough to have them pass yesterday’s leader Elena Nova, Christian Plump’s German Swan 45 to take the lead and push the Germans back into second place.

While this was Natalia’s first ORC championship event, the team knows how to win, having just emerged victorious in last month’s inshore series of the Rolex Giraglia race. And on the abilities of Brailoiu as a helmsman in this tough series, team manager Luke Lanzillo said “Only four years ago Natalia was doing the halyards on the boat. But we convinced her to take the helm and practice to improve her skills. She has proven to be talented and winning the European title is a confirmation that pushes us to participate in many other important races.”

Its perhaps appropriate for a champion in sailing that the owner of Natalia, KDF Energy from Romania, is a company specializing in Green Energy project development and trading in greenhouse gas emmisions.

Imagine
Felicitari si jos plaria in fata unei asemena performante!
Life is to short to stay on the dock!

skipper
Flottillenadmiral
Flottillenadmiral

Re: Victorie romaneasca in Rolex Cup

Mesaj necitit de skipper »

Natalia invinge din nou! Felicitari Nataliei Brailoiu!

Light-to-medium airs on the Costa Smeralda made for a tense and exciting showdown to the Rolex Swan Cup. Five of the six divisions in the 93-boat fleet were in doubt until the very end. The only runaway winner was the Romanian Swan 42 OD, Natalia, which won the 12-boat division by a good margin from the fast-improving Magical Mystery Tour helmed by Ed Leask. Two bullets from the British boat made inroads into the Romanian stranglehold on the scoreboard, but a final-race victory for Natalia Brailoiu confirmed the only female skipper as the class act in the Swan 42s.

“I’ve been sailing with this crew for a long time, about four years, and this is the key to our success,” said Brailoiu. “I have complete faith in my crew and they help me a lot. I am very proud to be able to compete at this level as a woman and I really enjoy what I do. We are very happy to be here in Porto Cervo, the fleet is great and the spirit of the class is fantastic.”

Imagine
Ubi allii finiverant, inde incipimus nos!

Scrie răspuns