Booking Terms and Joining Instructions
Our number one priority is delivering great quality training in a safe environment. Safety first!
Please read the following information carefully as it contains crucial details for joining your course.
How to book your course: Whatsapp message or call 07EUROSAIL !
To confirm your booking, you will be required to pay a deposit of 33% of the cost of the training. One day prior to start of your course you will be required to settle the remaining balance.
Yachting is an intense physical activity requiring sometimes a strenuous effort. Consequently, if you present any medical, mental, fitness or any other condition you believe it may affect you during your time with us, this might impede but it will not necessarily prevent you from taking part in the sailing activities. If you are unsure of your fitness, please ask your GP for advice so that you could make an informed decision about your ability to participate. If such a condition exists, we will ask you to bring to the course accurate and relevant medical fitness confirmation from your GP.
During the first day of your course, your level of experience will be assessed and if the instructor feels strongly that you will gain more by changing the level of your course, he will advise you accordingly. Prior to booking, the students need to make sure they present all the prerequisites required for the course they wish to enrol, including the level of practical skills and theory knowledge. All the prerequisites are presented in details on each course page on this website. In the case when a student needs to abandon the course due to insufficient expertise, no refund will be offered unless a suitable replacement student is available for the ongoing course.
W H A T T O B R I N G:
○ Travel Documentation
○ Valid Passport or EU ID, European Health Insurance Card or Copy of your private travel insurance
○ A sufficient quantity of any medication you might require
○ Money cash and credit card.
All these items should be carried in your hand luggage if you fly, along with some essential clothing in case of a delay in receiving your hold baggage.
Make sure that your luggage is packed in soft-shell bags and not rigid suitcases which are difficult to store aboard.
○ In cooler weather, it is much warmer to wear multiple thin layers rather than one thick layer. Lightweight waterproofs are recommended along with a warm jacket. We do not provide foul weather gear for more inclement weather, and you will need to bring them together with boots and of course suitable deck shoes or white-soled trainers.
○ Towels, toiletries, sun cream, swimwear, hat, and sunglasses
○ Sunglasses, sunscreen, cap (with retainer), lip balm. If you wear glasses also bring retainers!
○ Sneakers or active shoes - must have light, soft non-marking soles.
● BED LINEN:
○ Bed linen and pillows are provided aboard, however at least in late autumn, winter, and early spring we strongly suggest that you bring your sleeping bag.
● 1 PASSPORT PHOTO
● NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT:
○ Charts, pilotage books, almanacs, sight reduction tables, and sextants are provided onboard. However, students will need to bring their own chart plotter, ruler, dividers, 2b pencils, sharpener, notebook and erasers. For Logbook: If you don’t have one you can buy it in the school onboard for 15€ cash.
L I F E O N B O A R D:
Students will be expected to take care of the cooking, washing up, and general housekeeping duties of the yacht. On-course and post-course cleaning will be done by the students.
Breakfast and a light lunch are to be taken onboard. No food is to be provided by the school; the students buy together in the first day the food they feel well with. You can bring any personal special snacks and non-alcoholic drinks.
Mooring fees in the vessel’s home-port and all fuel costs are covered by EUROSAIL. Overnight stays in other ports are at the joint expense of the students.
The school implements a total non-smoking policy onboard so please respect the non-smokers aboard, the environment and the boat.
● Personal Flotation Devices (PFD’s) are provided and are to be used during the course. Your instructor will advise you when to clip on with the harness. All crew members are asked to wear life jackets at all times while underway when on deck.
● Great care should be taken when exposed to the sun, the effects at sea are not felt in the breeze until it’s too late! Cover up and use sun cream, especially if you have sensitive skin.
● Similarly, when swimming be aware of the possibility of jellyfish. We have the medication aboard to treat stings, but avoiding being stung, it is better than the medication!
Most of the practical courses (excepting one-day courses and Yachtmaster Prep) are residential and require that students sleep aboard every night. In this respect, please note that it is almost certain that you will be sharing a cabin.
Sailing yacht model Bavaria 36 Cruiser, three cabins version, year 2004, length 11.3 m, beam 3.6m, draught 1.6m.
W H E R E T O F I N D O U R B O A T:
● Pontoon E, Portul turistic Mangalia, Str. Portului, Mangalia , Romania
Mangalia's climate is classified as warm and temperate. More data about weather in Mangalia can be found here and here.
Google Maps works great in Mangalia for getting proper transport indications.
By car: Access is possible by car on highway A2 225 km from Bucharest and 11 km from Bulgaria.
By air: Marina Mangalia is situated 35 km south of Constanta and 225 km of Bucharest, both major cities with international airports. From both airport there are many buses to reach Mangalia.
By train: Final destination would be the Mangalia train station from where the marina can be reached by taxi.